When the time comes to buy their own house, many consider that the best option is to buy a newly built house and not unjustly. The advantages in this case are more than enough. However there are some points that need special attention when it comes to buying a new home and because many people may not know where to focus, we are giving you 5 tips we hope will help you.
1. Quality of construction
Since you are interested in buying a newly built house that exists only in floor plans, you cannot know how durable it will be over time, since it is not time-tested like an old one. For this reason, the first advice we would give you and probably the most important, is to pay special attention to the quality of construction. In order to be sure of the quality of construction it is advisable to check the reliability of the manufacturer by looking at previous projects he has already undertaken. This way you will be able to be calmer with your choice and more confident about the final result.
Price is a factor that concerns most people who tend to buy a new home and it is often the one that determines the final decision. Especially when it comes to buying newly built apartments where the sale prices are quite high, more things need to be considered. We can certainly agree that the issue of price is something subjective as it depends on the budget that each person has, however there are some factors that determine whether the value of a property is overvalued or undervalued. Apart from the quality of construction and the materials that will enter the house, something else that shapes the final price is the area. It is advisable to judge if the area where the property is located is at such a development point that justifies its high value, otherwise check if it is at least considered as developing as this would mean that the value of the property, even if it now seems overpriced, in the future will increase. A good example of a developing area is Elliniko where the Experience Park is to be created, something that has been the reason for starting new projects and making new investments in the area.
3. Delivery time
It is important to know the time frame in which the work will take place, and especially the exact date when the basics of your future home will be delivered to you. So, delivery time should be one of the first things you set with the project builder. Along with the delivery time, it is advisable to anticipate the possibility that the work will be delayed, leading to the project delay, thus affecting your own schedule. So, in order to be prepared for any eventuality, discuss this prospective development with the construction company and decide what will happen in this case.
4. Be clear about the end result
The process of buying a newly built house is quite difficult since you are asked to blindly choose your future home without being able to see the final result except in floor plans. So, to be sure that the end result will be what you want and have imagined, you must discuss from the beginning with the manufacturer every detail that concerns all areas of the house and be clear with what you want. Also ask to be quite descriptive about where exactly each room will be located and what facilities it will include (fireplace, alarm, plasterboard constructions, air conditioning, hidden lighting, etc.). Finally, something that would help you a lot to make the final image of the apartment more realistic would be to turn to an interior designer who will make a 3d illustration of the result based on your own preferences. Keep in mind that certain changes in layout or construction materials may affect the final price.
The last tip, which is related to the orientation of the house, concerns all the houses and not only the newly built ones, but we consider it important enough to refer to it as an “extra tip”.
Most people who are looking to buy a home may not even think about the orientation factor, but it is one of the most important criteria to consider. Some basic information that you will find useful about the orientation of a house are:
- The best orientation, especially for the geographical location of our country, is the south. It is suitable for places where you spend most of your day such as the living room. South-facing rooms are considered ideal because they have natural light most hours of the day and are kept warm during the winter. Even in summer the high temperature can be avoided with a shade.
- The east orientation is ideal for rooms that need morning lighting, such as bedrooms and kitchen. The positive thing about the east orientation is that the sun does not last long, so the rooms do not overheat. Another advantage offered by the eastern orientation, is that during the noon and afternoon hours of summer it does not limit the coolness in a place.
- West-facing rooms are the hottest, especially in the summer months and during the afternoon. For this reason it would be good in these places, in order to avoid the sun, to have some use of shading such as an awning or curtain.
- The areas facing north are characterized by intense cold especially in winter, so thermal insulation is considered necessary in these areas. Ideally, north-facing rooms should be places where you do not have to spend much time in, such as bathrooms or storage rooms. The positive, however, of the northern rooms is that in summer they remain cool.
So as you understand, each orientation has its pros and cons, therefore you need to find out what your preferences are in order to conclude what works best for you.